In the story of Outcast you play as Cutter Slade and during gameplay you will have a vast array of weaponry at your disposal. Every weapon in Outcast is upgradable and has multiple levels of power starting from a standard level (level 0) to level 2.
- Level 0: six bullets in the magazine.
- Level 1: twelve bullets in the magazine.
- Level 2: twenty-four bullets in the magazine.
- Level 0: normal fire speed.
- Level 1: faster fire speed, weapon can overheat.
- Level 2: fast fire speed, bullets ricochet of walls.
- Level 0: puts the enemy to sleep for a short time.
- Level 1: puts the enemy to sleep for a longer time.
- Level 2: puts the enemy to sleep for a very long time.
- Level 0: very long loadtime, uses one charge/bullet.
- Level 1: average loadtime, uses two charges/bullets.
- Level 2: very short loadtime, uses three charges/bullets.
- Level 0: shoots a mine that explodes when someone comes near it.
- Level 1: shoots a grenade that bounces and explodes short thereafter.
- Level 2: shoots a grenade that explodes when it hits the surface.
- Level 0: charging up the weapon is slow.
- Level 1: increases the damage and range of the weapon.
- Level 2: increases the damage and range of the weapon even more.